An Application / Admission Form must be filled either online, or collected from the Admissions office. Students for Year 7 class must be 10 by December 31st of the year of admission.
Submission of the Application Form with the following documents attached:
- 1 recent passport photograph
- 1 copy of birth certificate or the page in the child’s International passport data page on which the birth date is recorded
- Photocopies of past academic record of the candidates reflecting three years performance prior to the year of admission.
Arrange an individual visit to the school.
Year 7 and Mid-stream entry will sit for an entrance exam on a given date (published and duly communicated). Candidates are tested in Mathematics, English and General Science at the entrance examination.
Exam marks are not given / communicated to candidates.
Successful candidates will receive letters of offer; only CANDIDATES who qualify/pass the entrance exam will be afforded provisional admission and the opportunity for an interview with the Principal.
The interview must be attended by BOTH / EITHER ONE OF THE parents, with the child dressed in full school uniform.
Methods of communicating the outcome of the admission’s application:
- Face to face communication
- Text messages
- A Parent may collect the admission letter from the office.
Fees can be paid once or in two instalments:
- 1st Instalment: Payment of the Registration Fee and Development Levy must be made WITHIN TEN (10) working days after receiving the offer letter.
- 2nd Instalment: Parents are required to respond within the timeline. Only Lead-forte College Management reserves the right for admission.
No child will be admitted to classes until all registration and post admission forms are received, medical reports have been submitted, and registration fees and school fees are paid.
Medical forms must be completed by medical personnel of a clinic approved by the school / Government.
Enrolment for the new session commences in September and orientation day for new students.
- For candidates residing abroad, arrangements can be made for entrance tests to be administered by candidate’s current school. The parents of the applicant need to inform their child’s school of this. If the school agree to administer the exams, we will email the entrance tests to them and they will in turn, return the completed scripts to us by Courier only. The parents of the applicant bear the cost of courier.
- The parents of the applicant are required to complete the on line application form and return to us by email with copies of their child’s last school report, birth certificate and passport photographs.
- Application forms will only be sold to parents whose child meets the entry age criteria. Once this payment is received and the Admissions Office is notified, we will email the entrance test papers to the applicant’s school.
- The Principal, at his/her discretion, may accept a Confidential reference from the applicant’s current Head teacher should an interview not be possible. If the candidate is successful and is offered admission, arrangements are made for the family to meet the Principal for an informal chat on resumption at the College.
Midstream Admissions Procedure
Registration forms may be obtained from the admissions office. If the student qualifies, his/her name is placed on a waiting list. A space is allocated whenever a vacancy becomes available. The student is invited to sit for an entrance exam in Maths, English & Science and if he/she meets the requirement which is 70%, an Interview is then conducted. Parents are advised to contact the school at regular intervals to monitor the availability of admission vacancies
Midstream Admissions Requirements
Prior to admission, the parent/legal guardian of a transfer student must:
- Provide a certified copy of the student’s academic transcript and disciplinary record from the school previously attended. A student may be admitted conditionally if the parent/legal guardian provides the name and address of the school last attended and authorises the release of all academic and disciplinary records to Lead-Forte Gate College.
- Disclose whether the student is currently serving a suspension or expulsion from school.
- Disclose whether the student has ever been adjudicated guilty of a felony.
Any student who is under suspension or expulsion in another school system will not be given any consideration for admission.
Candidates seeking admission at any other time during the year
We are happy to consider applications from candidates throughout the Year if the places are available in the Year Group applied for.